YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing
- Include the L3 Diploma in Personal Training & get *£700* OFF
The purpose of this qualification is to enable learners to develop the knowledge and skills, so they can engage, facilitate, educate and support clients in a gym or health club environment.
Completing this qualification allows learners to access Gym Instructor jobs.
This qualification is endorsed by:
The Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity. (CIMSPA)
- anatomy and physiology including:
- the heart and circulatory system
- the respiratory system
- structure and function of the skeleton
- musculoskeletal system
- postural and core stability
- the nervous and energy systems and their relation to exercise
- Principles of working in the gym environment, including customer service and how to maintain, health, safety and welfare.
- How to conduct consultations and promote the health benefits of physical activity.
- How to communicate with clients effectively and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme.
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and prepare a gym-based exercise programme with apparently healthy adults, both individuals and groups. This may include older adults (50 plus) and young people in the 13-18 age range, provided they are part of a larger adult group.
- None / Ideally learners should have some experience of using the gym.
- Learners need to be 16yrs and over
- Course Details:
- Option 1 - Face-to-Face Learning: Practical & Theory over 7 days 1 day per week, inclusive of practical assessment
- Option 2 - Blended Learning: Practical Face-to-face over 5 days 1 day per week, inclusive of practical assessment / Theory online
- Option 3 - Blended Learning: Practical Face-to-Face over 5 consecutive days, inclusive of practical assessment / Theory online
- Course Time: 9.00am-5.00pm
- Multiple choice test
- Observation of practical skills
- Assessment Workbook online - Open Book
- Portfolio of evidence (Learner assessment record)
- Option 3: December 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th 2023
- Price - £825 see special offer above
- Interest Free Monthly Instalments available.
- Bank Transfer - Interest free / No charges
- Cheque - Please make payable to Laurie Nichols Fitness Training Centre Ltd
- Credit/Debit Card - At our offices during hours of 10am - 5pm Monday - Friday
Please note: Deposits and Instalment payments are non-refundable.