Level 2 Award in Nutrition for Healthy Living
& Level 3 Award in Nutrition to Support Physical Activity
The Level 2 Award is for suitable for learners of all ages, who wish to gain knowledge in diet and nutrition for their own use, as well as learners who wish to enhance the role they already have in the fitness industry.
The Level 3 Award qualification is to develop knowledge and understanding of key nutritional principles and healthy eating to support client goals. It also provides the learner with skills to analyse client nutritional intake in order to offer advice within scope of practice and integrate into fitness programme design.
Learners will cover on Level 2:
- Structure and function of the digestive system
- The glycaemic index
- The role of cholesterol, macro nutrients and micro nutrients
- Guidelines for a healthy, balanced diet
- Obesity and weight management
Learners will cover on Level 3:
- Understanding the principles of nutrition
- Understanding the influence of nutrition on health
- Understanding key nutritional guidelines and evidence-based recommendations and how they can be applied to individual clients
- Understanding the relationship between nutrition and physical activity
- Understanding how to collect information relating to nutrition
- Understanding how to use nutritional information
- Be able to identify and analyse nutritional information to identify clients dietary habits
- Be able to apply the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme
- None / No formal prerequisites, however it is recommended that learners hold YMCA Awards Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing or equivalent
- Course Duration: 3 Days face to face learning, inclusive of assessments.
- Assessment L2:
- Assessment L3:
- Learner Assessment Record
- Multiple Choice Theory paper
- Assessment Workbook
- Consultation/case study
- Sunday 1st, 8th & 14th March
- Price - £329
- Interest Free Monthly Instalments available.
- Deposit - £65 to secure your space ASAP
- Bank Transfer – Interest free / No charges
- Cheque - Please make payable to LN Fitness Training Centre.
- Credit/Debit - At our offices during hours of 10am – 5pm Monday - Friday
Please note: Deposits and Instalments payments are non-refundable.